Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hitchhiker's Guide to Ogden Canyon

I did a ride yesterday from Kaysville up to Pineview Resevoir and Huntsville. Pretty fun, fairly hilly, and a bit of wind near some of the canyons. However, it was on the way home that got a tad hairy. Flat tire right at the top of Odgen Canyon, close to the turnoff to head to Eden and Liberty.

I waited about five minutes with my thumb out, and got a ride with an excavation guy who rode mountain bikes near there every weekend. He dropped me off at the nearest gas station and, not knowing I had a patch kit in my pack, I filled my tire temporarily in order to get to Bingham's. It being 9 o'clock at this point, the shop wasn't open for another hour or so. So! I patched my tube, walked a few blocks, bummed money off two other bums and filled my tire.

Proceeding to the Ogden train station, I boarded the train and shortly thereafter was cited for not having my transit pass on my person. Got off the train in Clearfield and rode the rest of the way home.

Those 55 miles only took my 6 hours! Hooray!

No comments: